Goswf is a freeware SGF viewer in Flash (SWF) format, designed for displaying go (baduk/weiqi) games on websites, forums, or blogs.
The goal of Goswf is to make go teaching and learning more accessible:
- view go games in different languages without complex application download or browser setup,
- easily browse variations by clicking directly on moves, and go back with "previous fork" button
- easily study or share knowledge (explore variations, add comments & move annotations) by editing a game directly in the viewer.
- easy to use for end users.
- only requires flash plugin (version 8 or higher, 98% of internet penetration).
- colors are easily customizable for your website, blog, or forum.
- Goswf now has an EDIT mode!!
- Now you can pass SGF data directly in the HTML code (=> no hosting needed)
- Goswf can now be displayed in vertical format (ideal for blogging):
- Goswf can now be integrated in Blogger or Google sites.
- Goswf can display a game at a specific move position.
Check the Tutorial list below!!
(vertical format, custom "gludion" colors, initial display at move 37)
More details in the tutorials.
|Hypothetical 9x9 game||-||-|
|Hypothetical 13x13 game (quite unrealistic ;-))||-||-|
|Game with chinese characters||chinese||??|
|Game with move annotations (kgs game 7k vs 5k)||french||Olivier Besson 3d|
|David Wu Qi vs Motoki Noguchi||french||Motoki Noguchi 7d|
|seokbin sanrensei workshop||-||seokbin|
|Motoki Noguchi vs Hugo Lehman||french||Motoki Noguchi 7d|
|Shusaku vs Yasui Sanchi (1847-10-21)||-||-|
|flashback[6d] vs ericdai[9d]||english||Dai Junfu 9d|
|Dai Junfu vs Simon Billouet||french||Dai Junfu 9d|
|Motoki Noguchi vs François Mizessyn||french||Motoki Noguchi 7d|
|Motoki Noguchi vs Pal Balough||french||Motoki Noguchi 7d|
|Motoki Noguchi vs Benjamin Dréan-Guénaïzia||french||Motoki Noguchi 7d|
|Lionel Fisher vs Motoki Noguchi||french||Motoki Noguchi 7d|
|kogo dictionary (warning: big file for flash player, may freeze your browser during 10-20 sec)||english||http://waterfire.us/joseki.html|
- install and use Goswf?
- change the interface colors?
- display Goswf in a vertical format?
- directly pass SGF data to Goswf?
- display the game at a specific move number?
- integrate Goswf in Blogger?
- include Goswf in a google site?
- Use Goswf in a phpBB forum?
- integrate Goswf in joomla? (french)
Comments are welcome in this related post on my blog.
Websites using Goswf:
Clubs, groups, shool, etc:
- International Baduk Academy
- Korean-style insei league on KGS
- IGO-Jeu de Go
- Crimean Go Federation
- Club de Go Tengen
- French championship 2009 - Toulouse club
- Kiev Go Federation
- British Go Association
- Thai Go Journal
- GOSWF © gludion/Olivier Besson 2008.
- thanks to KGS players who helped to beta-test.
- the SGF files are the property of their respective authors.
- SGF format is Smart Game Format (specified here).
- SWF format is Adobe Flash Shockwave format .
- email: olive [at] gludion [dot] com
- You may use Goswf on any website, forum, blog, including commercial ones.
- For other supports (CD, DVD, other...) contact me.
- You are not allowed to modify Goswf, except as specified in the documentation.
- 2011/01/20: [version 1.9] corrected a bug in capture count. Relative paths are relative to the goswf.swf file (in order to make it work on google sites). Hack added for managing TE[someText] like EV[someText] (because of wbaduk.com strange use of TE[...]). Smiley animations now correct after a prev(). New moves also marked in edit mode,
- 2010/05/15: flashVar "edit=1" added. Relative SGF paths are now relative to HTML page (Actually, I realized it's not working => revert to goswf-relative method, working better with google sites).
- 2010/03/25: "edit" mode added (play stones, pass, add markup/annotations, delete move, edit comments, export SGF), scroll buttons added in comment area, formatted rendering of SGF infos/GOSWF tips/ comments, default colors now based upon phpBB default color theme, << and >> button replaced with "begin" and "end", minor bugs corrected. (version 1.5, in beta-test).
- 2010/03/04: fixed minor bug (links of Help/page3 not working in blogger).
- 2010/02/11: now possible to pass directly SGF data (version 0.94)
- 2009/08/17: "move" variable for display of the game at a specific move number (version 0.92)
- 2009/08/17: fixed moveNum+enter bug (version 0.91)
- 2009/08/15: vertical display, blogger integration. (version 0.9)
- 2008/12/20: automatic "problem mode" (when a SGF starts with a setup, and at least 2 possible variations). Minor bug fixes. Variation display can be toggled on/off on right click. (version 0.7)
- 2008/06/12: setup bug fixed (when AB,AW props overwrite existing stones).
- 2008/05/31: the invisible revealed! "setup" and "pass" variation nodes are now displayed as markups in the "most empty" corner (see Kogo).
- 2008/05/20: added games on 9x9 and 13x13 board.
- 2008/05/18: chinese character tested (save your SGF files with Unicode or UTF-8 encoding).
- 2008/05/16: test node annotations. bug: no handi setup with multiGo files (AB before SZ) (not solved).
- 2008/05/14: "game/variation" text added. New help text. "click on variations" text added at first variation node.
- 2008/05/13: bug on Safari/Mac: sgf file doesn't load properly (not solved).
- 2008/05/04: old variation system removed in favor of "a","b","c" display on the board.